When you visit www.mhahouston.org, how we handle the information we learn from you during your visit is handled in several ways. Our web server collects and stores the following information:
- Name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
- Date and time you visit our website.
- Pages you visit.
- Internet address of the website from which you linked to us.
- Others at MHA may view the material you submit.
- We may enter the information into an electronic database for receipt of our newsletter or notifications of events or educational programs, etc.
From time to time, this website may provide links to other useful websites that are not owned or managed by MHA. We cannot be responsible for the content or privacy practices of other website owners.
The Privacy and Security of Online Donations to MHA Houston
We value the trust you place in us when you make an online contribution through www.mhahouston.org. Your privacy and the security of the transaction are important to us. This site has security measures in place to protect against the loss and misuse of information under our control. All data is encrypted to ensure security. Your information is protected by an electronic firewall and other industry-standard security technologies.
The contact information you send us is used to:
- Send you an acknowledgment letter for your gift.
- Contact you if we have a question regarding your gift.
- Send you information you may have requested.
- Maintain confidential records of all contributions.
- If you make an online credit card donation, the credit card information you have submitted will be used solely to conduct your donation transaction.
MHA recognizes contributions in print in newsletters, annual reports, and event programs. We do this to demonstrate our gratitude for your generosity and to inspire others to consider making a contribution. If you do not want your gift publicized, please inform us that you wish for your gift to be anonymous.
We sometimes add names of donors to mailing lists for newsletters, events, Membership, and other appeals. If you do not wish to receive future mailings or requests from MHA, please inform us and a Do Not Mail code will be added to the electronic data file.
You may notify us of your preferences by clicking on Contact Us, by calling MHA Houston at 713-523-8963, or by mail addressed to:
2211 Norfolk, Suite 810
Houston, Texas 77098
If you use our site to link to other sites, we are not responsible for the privacy and security practices of these websites.