Harris County Veterans Treatment Court
Harris County Criminal Court – 228th Court
1201 Franklin St., 16th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
The Harris County Veterans Treatment Court is a rehabilitation program designed to address the unique difficulties of justice-involved veterans who have served in combat and returned with unmet behavioral health needs. These veterans suffer from a variety of issues such as homelessness, mental illness, mental disorders, traumatic brain injury, and/or substance use disorder, which can be traced back to their military service and serve as a contributing factor in their felony offense.
The mission of the Harris County Veterans’ Court Program is to increase access to mental health and addiction treatment by diverting veterans directly into VA treatment, improving overall mental wellness and providing the structure for a successful re-entry into the community. Similar to the mental health and drug court models, the four phase program balances treatment and accountability, requiring each participant to fulfill court-ordered requirements, attend court regularly and participate in a recovery plan tailored to their specific needs.
General Docket Schedule
- 2:30 - Security and check-in on 1st floor of courthouse (1201 Franklin).
- Proceed to 16th floor (use right set of elevators).
- 2:40 - Mentoring Team announcements
- 2:45 to 2:50 - Veteran service organization presentations
- 2:55 - Closing remarks, wrap-up of Mentoring Team business
- 3:00 till 4:30 - Court in session