Behavioral Health Screening in Primary Care Settings
Integrated Health Care Models for Meeting Clients' Real-Time, Whole-Person Needs
Part 1 - "Behavioral Health 101: Training on Behavioral Health Screenings in Primary Care Settings"
Part 2 - Break-out Sessions will explore innovative models that integrate behavioral health into the primary care setting, including:
- Primary care providers partnering with behavioral health agencies
- In-house behavioral health services and how to best utilize in-house staff
Topics and objectives:
- Introduce basic behavioral health screening tools for a primary care setting
- Increase access to services after screening
- Explore approaches to integrating behavioral health services into health centers, including consulting psychiatry, use of a behavioral health consultant, and other approaches
- Establish additional referral relationships to enhance coordinated care
1.25 CEUs available for LPC, LMFT, and social workers.
Free to attend; light refreshments will be served.
For questions about or assistance with registration, please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-523-8963 x425.
For other questions, please contact Sylvia at email@example.com or 713-368-3285.
This event is hosted by the Harris County Healthcare Alliance, Mental Health America of Greater Houston, and the Network of Behavioral Health Providers.
Please Click Below to Access the Event Flyer:
Dr. Ogbeide is a Behavioral Health Consultant with Healthcare for the Homeless of Houston, and instructor at Baylor College of Medicine Department of Family and Community Medicine. Dr. Ogbeide's professional interests include primary care psychology, geropsychology, program development and evaluation, behavioral medicine, and education and training.