WRAP Training Coordinator
Full-time, contract position (Opened Until Filled)
Purpose of Position
The WRAP Training Coordinator organizes and manages the delivery of Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) programs in the Greater Houston area and facilitates WRAP programs as a trainer. WRAP is an evidence-based program used by people with mental health and other health challenges. The MHA Houston WRAP Training Coordinator manages all aspects of WRAP program deliveries for individuals in the Greater Houston area, including but not limited to, securing WRAP facilitators and locations for program deliveries, program marketing and registration of clients for WRAP programs, all logistics and supply considerations, and conducting WRAP programs as a trainer.
More About WRAP:
Key Areas of Responsibility
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks associated with WRAP deliveries:
- Identifying and securing appropriate spaces/venues
- Securing WRAP facilitators for trainings and working with MHA accounting staff on facilitator contracts and payment
- Facilitating WRAP deliveries as a WRAP Trainer
- Marketing to potential participants through identified navigators and other venues
- Registering interested clients
- Coordinating client transportation to/from events as needed
- Ordering and preparing supplies
- Coordinating additional logistics
- Maintaining all records and data, and reporting on such as needed
- Communicating and collaborating with University of Florida staff and Texas Department of Health Services (DSHS) staff in the provision of WRAP to participants in the Medicaid Wellness Incentives and Navigation (WIN) Project
- Other duties as assigned
Required: Exemplary organizational skills. Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage and coordinate numerous details at one time. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Good spelling and grammar skills. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals both on the telephone and in person. Knowledge of and experience with mental health issues, the mental health service system and recovery-based approaches. Willingness to attend a WRAP delivery as a participant and create and use a personal WRAP plan. Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching or training. Reliable transportation and willingness to travel within the Greater Houston area, including surrounding counties. Good computer skills, including Word and Excel.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree. Two or more years’ experience coordinating program delivery or similar experience. Knowledge of the Greater Houston area. Familiarity with WRAP either as a participant in a WRAP program who has used a personal WRAP plan, or as a trained WRAP facilitator. Lived experience with mental illness considered an asset.
The WRAP Training Coordinator is supervised by the Education and Training Program Manager.
This position requires applicants submit:
- a resume,
- a cover letter AND
- a written response describing your experience with mental health issues, mental health services, and/or recovery-based approaches. The response should be no longer than one page in length.
*** Applications submitted without ALL requested documents will NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please email all documents to:
Anne Wilburn, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.