ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR, ADVOCACY AND EDUCATION & TRAINING
Purpose of Position
Provides program, project and administrative support for MHA's programs, initiatives and activities in Advocacy, including the Veterans Behavioral Health Initiative, and in Education & Training.
- Researches and drafts reports, presentations and other written materials.
- Schedules and coordinates logistics and facilities for committee and task force meetings, events, workshops, trainings and conferences, including food/beverages, audiovisual needs, handout materials, speakers and presenters, staffing, etc.
- Assists in coordinating MHA's legislative agendas and advocacy trainings.
- Maintains reporting spreadsheets; analyzes program-related data.
- Collects and analyzes weekly Military Veteran Peer Network data reports.
- Responds to individual agencies, clinics etc. requesting trainings and presentations;
- Creates and produces registration materials for trainings; tracks and oversees registration for all trainings.
- Maintains and expands database for mailings and coordinates promotional materials and mailings for trainings
- Maintains committee lists, rosters and program-related electronic files.
- Enters and maintains evaluation data and produces monthly reports.
- Coordinates and maintains calendar of events.
- Assists with routine administrative needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years' experience required. Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy. Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and perform effectively in an environment of changing priorities and deadlines. Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook andPowerpoint. Demonstrated experience in website and social media management.
Understanding of mental health issues and the behavioral health system in the Greater Houston area. Problem solving, decision-making and creative thinking abilities. Strong interpersonal skills and diligent work ethic, and ability to maintain a consistent positive and professional attitude.
Supervised by the Director of Public Policy and Governmental Affairs.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
No phone calls, please.