MHA of Greater Houston 2016 Membership
In 2016, MHA of Greater Houston has critical work in the making as part of our preparation for the 85th Legislature. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Continue with the systems change initiative for integrated health care policy project addressing obstacles to parity and behavioral health provider preparation.
- Offer testimony and member education to the newly formed Select Committee on Mental Health created by Speaker Joe Straus.
- Develop consensus legislative agenda for 2017 with emphasis on measures to expand jail diversion programs and the reduction of deaths by suicide among the incarcerated population.
Our Members represent the collective will of our community to improve the mental health system and the state of integrated health care in the greater Houston area. It is because of your support that we are able to strengthen our relationships with key policy makers and other advocacy organizations throughout Texas to help move forward legislative actions. We are making things happen for healthcare providers and those affected by a mental illness. Join our dynamic network of advocates and be the one making a difference moving public mental health policy in the right direction.
Individual Membership benefits include:
- Access to Members-only events and advocacy programming.
- Free Advocate Magazine, our policy and advocacy printed newsletter.
- Updates on Member-exclusive education and training opportunities.
- Special action alerts through our advocacy blog, Minding Houston.
- Invitation to MHA of Greater Houston annual meeting.
- Monthly e-News, our electronic agency newsletter.
Organizational Membership benefits include:
- Individual Membership benefits for up to three employees.
- Listing as an official partner on our online platforms and written materials.
*Membership is on a calendar year basis (January 1-December 31)